Ahead of her gig as co-chair of the 2015 MET Gala, we countdown J.Law's best big-skirted moments...
With the 2015 MET Gala upon us and, in her first year as co-chair, all eyes were on Jennifer Lawrence last night, as she tackled the fashion world’s most prestigious red carpet challenge. Nodding to the annual theme gracefully is no mean feat (this year’s subject was China: Through The Looking Glass) and, as we know how much she loves a photobomb, it may have proved difficult for the charismatic star to be on her best red carpet behaviour.
As the lady of the moment steps up to the plate in a stunning Christian Dior gown, we take a look back at some of the best times that J-Law’s played dress-up to date…
1. The first of many Dior looks mentioned on this list – Jennifer is the face of the brand’s handbag line – and perhaps her most famous off-screen look thanks to the graceful fall she took while climbing up a pesky set of stairs to receive her Oscar for Best Actress in 2012’s Silver Linings Playbook.
2. Cropped hair, don’t care. J.Law takes on the 2014 Golden Globes red carpet in another big skirted, strapless Dior frock, this time with black bands around her waist and hips. In true Jennifer fashion, the actress spent her time on the red carpet photo-bombing friend and fellow gown wearer Taylor Swift having a nice, civilized chat with Ryan Seacrest.
3. Taking some time out from Dior, Jennifer wore pale pink Prada to the 26th Annual PGA Awards earlier this year. Looking every bit the prom queen with sequin embellishments, her back on show and some softly curled waves in her hair. We’d vote her to be our prom queen.
4.While our mothers may have despaired if we headed out with our knickers on show, Jennifer Lawrence shows us how to do it right while also dressing debutant ball appropriate at the Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere in LA. A woman of many, many talents.
5. Leaving the princess gowns to Kate Middleton, J.Law takes on a more vampy look for the Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere in Paris in mockingjay worthy AW13 Dior.
6. Pre-Dior Jen arrived at the 2011 Oscars – at which she was nominated for her role in 2010’s Winter’s Bone – in a simple but bloody effective red Calvin Klein. No big skirt but a hell of a lot of drama.