A spokesperson for Scotland Yard has admitted that they're 'carrying out inquiries' after photos of the pair allegedly having a heated row were published yesterday
Nigella Lawson and her husband Charles Saatchi are being spoken to by police today following an alleged row between the pair at a London restaurant last week.
Pictures emerged yesterday of the famous couple having what looked like a heated row over dinner at Scott's in Mayfair on 9 June. They were published by The Sunday People and show the advertising executive and art collector with his hands around the TV chef's throat.
Nigella can also be seen leaving the restaurant and appears to be crying in the photos.
Scotland Yard said that officers from the Community Safety Unit are "carrying out preliminary inquiries" following the publication of the photographs.
A spokesman said: "Inquiries are in hand to establish the facts in order to assess whether an investigation is necessary."
Nigella was seen leaving the home she shares with Charles yesterday afternoon. She was accompanied by her 17-year-old son Bruno and was carrying a suitcase.
An onlooker told The Daily Mirror: "Nigella looked on edge but Bruno was very protective of her and keen to look after her."
Police confirmed that they have not received a complaint of assault from Nigella, or another party. A spokesperson for the star told Sky news: "There will be no additional comment today."
We'll bring you more news as we hear it…
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Forget the South of France in summer, winter’s the time to go
By Penny Goldstone
The biggest dating trends for 2024 might just get you back on the apps
Feeling jaded by modern dating? Take a look at this
By Lauren Hughes
The jeans all the cool girls are wearing have just dropped at NET-A-PORTER
This is the denim brand you need to know about
By Natalie Hughes