Someone called Natalie Kills and her husband, Willy Moon, got fired from New Zealand X Factor. But who are they?
The company’s chief executive Mark Weldon said: ‘Contestants put their all into this competition and they should expect to receive feedback and criticism that is professional and constructive. We no longer have confidence that Kills and Moon are the right people to perform the role of X Factor judges and they will leave the show, effective immediately.’
2. She was born in England – Bradford, to be specific – but her parents are Jamaican and Uruguayan so she was raised all over the world. She describes herself as British.
3. Her debut album Perfectionist was released in 2011. It had a few minor hits in Europe. Her second album Trouble in 2013 reached number 70 in the US Billboard charts.
4. She married Kiwi-born Willy Moon in 2014. He’s famous because he sang a song called Yeah Yeah that featured on an iPod advert.
5. Random fact: She once starred in Coronation Street, playing someone called Laura Mangan for two episodes in 2003.
6. Natalia Kills has opened for Kelis, Robyn, Kesha, Katy Perry and the Black Eyed Peas on various tours over the years.
7. She’s not apologised for the comments made on X Factor as yet, writing on Twitter: ‘I love you guys, thanks for your support & understanding my passionate opinions! You know what they say about me…’ She ended the tweet with a link to her single Problem, which charted at position 78 on the Dutch 100 in 2013.