Director and star of the hit HBO series, Girls, Lena Dunham has revealed that the show may end after the sixth series.
Sad faces at the ready as, if this new Lena Dunham interview is anything to go by, we’ve only got two series of Girls left before we have to wave goodbye to one of our favourite shows forever.
Yep, we told you you’d be sad.
Lena said on Elvis Duran’s podcast: ‘Never say never, but that is the way that we’re thinking about it right now and we’re starting to think about sort of how to wrap up the story lines of these particular young women. I started working on this show when I was 23, and now I’m going to be 30 so it kind of feels right that this show kind of sandwiched my 20s and then I go off into the world!’
WHY LENA? Just because you’re going to be 30 doesn’t mean that you can’t keep making one of our favourite shows. Of. All. Time. Plus you’ve already achieved so much, here’s a little list to remind you…
1. You wrote a book, Not That Kind Of Girl, it was massively successful, a New York Times best seller in fact
2. You wrote an award winning short film, Tiny Furniture, at just 23
3. Your show Girls (which we really don’t want to end, incase we hadn’t mentioned it) won TWO Golden Globes
4. You were the first woman EVER to win the Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Comedy Series
5. Basically Lena, you win at life don’t stop making Girls, thanks