First one strand springs up, then another and before you know it there’s an abundance of frizz and you’re heading into bad hair territory. We know the feeling and you’re not alone
This is a Marie Claire Advertorial
First one strand springs up, then another and before you know it there’s an abundance of frizz and you’re heading into bad hair territory. We know the feeling and you’re not alone, it ranks as the number one hair gripe. Aveda Smooth Infusion ™ Naturally Straight is on the front line of frizz fighting. It contains a botanical humidity barrier, with certified-organic Cassava root, that protects each hair to fend off frizz. Here, the Aveda Pros also reveal the hair do’s and don’ts for a frizz-free life.
• Use the right brush for the job. Work a comb through damp hair to minimise breakage and blow dry with a paddle brush, pulling hair taut. This will give a smoother, sleeker finish.
• Always attach your nozzle to your hairdryer. It streamlines the air flow so you can direct it straight down the shaft, smoothing cuticles and potential frizz in its path. The pros agree they couldn’t get a polished finish without one.
• Treat your hair to a weekly masque such as Aveda Dry Remedy ™ Moisturizing Masque to give hair a hydration hit. Dry hair goes hand in hand with frizz.
• Fry your hair with constant heat styling. If you overdo it with the straighteners or tongs it can damage the hair and lead to more frizz. Experiment with alternative styles or let it dry naturally whenever you can. Models and actresses often admit they give their hair a day off when they aren’t working.
• Over-stimulate your scalp. Rigorous shampooing can create more friction and encourage frizz.
• Go without heat protection. You can protect hair against damage from heat with Damage Remedy™ Daily Hair Repair
Whether you fear the frizz or dream of smooth, straight locks, find out how YOU can get your dream hair with Aveda and Marie Claire.
Check out Aveda.co.uk for even more info.