Simple sausage dish with a unique flavour
• 450g (1lb) sausages
• 1 onion sliced
• 1 red pepper cut into chunks
• 1 yellow pepper cut into chunks
• 1 packet Schwartz for sausages paprika & bell pepper recipe mix
• 300ml water
• 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1) Fry the sausages in a deep frying pan until brown. Drain.
2) Add the onion and fry for a further 3-4 minutes until softened.
3) Add the peppers and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4) Blend the packet contents into the water and add to the pan with the tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
5) Serve with long grain and wild rice.
(Hint and tips – for a more authentic flavour try adding 50g chorizo sausage along with onion and a tin of mixed beans along with the tinned tomatoes)