Sweet potato mash is the perfect accompaniment to peppered beef
• 1kg Buccleuch beef eye fillet (or alternative beef fillet)
• 1tbsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1tbsp grain mustard
• 1kg orange fleshed sweet potatoes
• 120g butter
• 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
1) Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
2) Trim the fillet of beef and rub the mustard and freshly ground pepper into the surface. Place on a tray in the fridge overnight.
3) When ready to cook, place the fillet in a baking pan and roast for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm.
4) Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and boil them in plenty of water, drain when soft and ready and mash along with the butter to a fluffy mash. Add the chopped chives and keep warm.
5) Return the fillet back into the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes if you like your meat medium rare, or another 15 minutes for medium to well done.
6) Slice the beef fillet and serve accompanied by a dollop of sweet potato mash.