We spot a new fashion trend, people.
First Miu Miu sent feline print coats and boots down the catwalk, then Vivienne Westwood produced a massive kitty print tee at her SS14 show. Most recently, Miley Cyrus rocked up in a kitten print knicker and crop combo at the American Music Awards, where she performed in front of a projection of a giant ginger cat. It can mean only one thing… cat prints are having a moment.
Not sure you’re brave enough to try out Miley’s‘ hip-skimming cat undies? Us neither. So, why not plump for one of these much more wearable, gorgeous, kitty-kat pieces? Here are our nine favourites…
1. Nail intergalactic chic with this kitty cosmo sweater from Wildfox. Star Paws anyone? Price: £101.
2. If you’re planning to get any winter sun (lucky you), be sure to pack one of these wild one-pieces from We Are Handsome. The Queen of beach style, Rihanna, is a fan. Price: £213.
3. This one is definitely more UK weather-appropriate, but the neon-pop kitty gives this Marc by Marc Jacobs scarf a bright, perky twist. Great to liven up a winter look. We want. Price: £90.
4. Statement sweats are a must this season. Feline chic is easy peasy with this River Island beauty – throw on over a pleated skirt with heels or skinny black jeans and connies. Price: £15.
5. Paul & Joe has long-champoined the cat print. We think this Katy Perry-style tea dress should be in every girl’s wardrobe. Just purrfect (sorry, but it had to be done). Price: £165.
6. These are less crazy cat woman, more Catwoman. Perfect for a New Year’s Eve party va va voom look, these velvety numbers from Office, complete with a vampy gold platform, have the ultimate luxury feel. Price: £60.
7. Apparently this Lulu Guinness creation is a make-up bag? Think we might be using this as a clutch, thank you very much. Price: £55.
8. We think this Helene Berman number might be the cutest hat we’ve ever seen – and the khaki manages to kill off any tweeness. This year’s answer to last year’s beanie – don’t mind if we do. Price: £65.
8. Surely these Charlotte Olympia kitty slippers are the answer to every woman’s prayers this winter? Be quick, though, these iconic flats are in high demand. Alexa Chung has barely taken her’s off. Price: £465.
9. Don’t fancy advertising your cat fetish to the whole world? Play it cool with understated jewellery. We love this dinky gold pendant from Zoe & Morgan. Price: £116.