Marie Claire is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.
James Norton couldn't be more charismatic and cool in real life. And, it turns out, putting a camera on him sure guarantees the LOLs...
James Norton is the perfect gent. Not only did he come to Marie Claire HQ, he agreed to get behind the camera. AND he made us laugh a lot.
Once you’ve exhausted the video (yep, we’ve had it on repeat), check out the gems he shared with us during his magazine interview…
1. Once, at a festival, a girl in front of him, turned around, and yelped, “Oh my god!”. Not because she fancied him, but because she was terrified of his character in BBC1’s Happy Valley.
2. He regularly scares people around Peckham, where he lives, by walking around in character. ‘I do mundane things like go shopping or cycle around town and find myself looking at people just thinking, “Fuck you. Get out of my fucking way. Or giving a hateful look to the person innocently selling me my Granny Smith.”
3. He had the BEST time as a student at Cambridge University. Much to his surprise. ‘When I got in I was mortified because in my head I was saying goodbye to four drunk, hedonistic years, replaced by three hellishly hard academic ones. But the best thing about that university is everyone and everything is embraced.’
4. He’s a bit of a mummy’s boy. ‘Mum signs off her phone call every day with, “Keep your feet on the ground!”.’
5. He loves vintage. And knows his stuff, selling menswear at Charlie Foxtrot in South London. ‘I probably lose more money than I make, but I love clothes and buying vintage.’