Marie Claire is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.
Homeland is back (hurrah) and we cannot wait to see what lies in store for Carrie Mathison this season. We love her, and her wonderfully expressive face. Here are 10 photos that sum up the CIA agent – and all her quirks – to a tee.
1. She’s always suspicious. Just look at that raised eyebrow and those crossed arms. She’s not buying any of it..
2. She’s always watching… And ready to pounce at any moment.
3. She’ll do what it takes to get the job done. A dodgy brunette wig? Not a problem.
She’s just so perplexed. All
5. Lurking with a manic look on her face near Brody? Of course she is.
6. Strong, but also lost and misunderstood. We’re always rooting for her.
7. She’s not afraid of getting in scrapes and literally couldn’t care less what people think of her.
8. Inquisitive, a little judgemental and so very serious.
9. She’s often depressed. Most of the time, actually.
10. And our Carrie is nothing if not intense, scary and ever so slightly unhinged. What more could you want from a leading lady? One dimensional, she is not.