After all these years, Becks still has a very special place in our hearts, and here's why...
1) Becoming a father to little Harper has made Becks even hotter. He's always been a complete DILF, but there's something about the way his manicured face lights up around his daughter that stops us in our tracks.
2) Not that he gives Harper any special treatment, you understand. Beckham is a doting dad and continuously melts our hearts with his PDAs for each member of his brood. What's even better is that Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz all seem like well-behaved, polite, chips off the old block.
3) What can we say? The man knows how to work a pair of tighty whiteys. We praise the fashion angels above everyday for bringing us this shot from Beckham's H&M underwear campaign.
4) Did we mention he looks good in a pair of briefs?
5) Ever the supportive husband, Becks is willing to endure fashion show after fashion show for Victoria. God, he looks good.
6) He shows affection in the most pleasing of ways.
7) As he makes the transition elder statesman, Becks has been embracing grown-up fashion flawlessly. Nothing screams sophisticated like a pair of thick-rimmed specs, in Beckham's world.
8) The man is patriotic to a fault and has never forgotten his East End roots. Even when he was fannying about with the likes of Tom Cruise and Jennifer Lopez over in La-La Land.
9) We challenge you to show us another human male who looks this good lunging.
10) Even the First Lady, Michelle Obama, isn't immune to his charms. Oh, Becks, stop it. *Michelle's thoughts, as imagined by us.
11) Beckham made the coolest of entrances at the 2012 London Games (second only to the Queen's sky dive into the Olympic Stadium), and played an enormous part in the success of the whole event. Cheers, Dave.
12) Just ask nicely, and Becks will show you any of his many tattoos. And an appropriate amount of toned flesh.
13) Just look at that juicy double. Need we say more?
Happy birthday, Becks!
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Greta Gerwig shares how she really feels about Oscars 'snubs' for Barbie
"I wanted it for Margot."
By Jadie Troy-Pryde
How to style the monochrome trend this season, according to a fashion editor
Here's what to add to your shopping list
By Penny Goldstone
Fendi AW24: A beautifully blasé, British take on Roman elegance
The thinking woman's wardrobe involves soft tailoring, sharp denim and utility dressing
By Natalie Hughes
16 times Harper Beckham was the best-dressed baby, bar none
The youngest Beckham has got her baby style game spot on...
By Caroline Leaper
David Beckham At 40: The Birthday Boy In His Own Wise, Inspirational And Really Quite Hilarious Words
As David Beckham celebrates his 40th birthday we chart his funniest, sweetest and most inspiring quotes…
By Caroline Leaper
16 Gratuitous Pictures Of Sportsmen Because, Well, Why Not?
Becoming a world-famous athlete takes a serious amount of hard work and skill, and more often than not results in a pretty perfect bod. In case you hadn't noticed...
By Rebecca Martin
Harper Beckham's Baby Album
Harper Beckham might only be three years old, but she's already making headlines for her adorable days out with dad David Beckham and her front row fun with mum Victoria Beckham. See her best moments, here...
By Marie Claire
David Beckham: A Life in Pictures
David Beckham's life history is a joy to look back at. From gawky teenage football star to a global sporting icon (and of course the most drool-worthy dad on the planet), see the pictures we don't want to forget...
By Marie Claire