Because who better to take life advice from, right?
Known best as the outspoken, sex-driven, I-don’t-care-what-you-think Samantha Jones in Sex and the City, we’re proud to admit that some of our biggest life mottos are taken from Kim Cattrall's on screen alter-ego.
From never caring what other people thinking about you to always dressing to impress, the woman inspired some of the best life advice.
So as we celebrate the birthday of one of Hollywood's greatest (and most fiercest) actresses, here are some of the top lessons we've learnt from our favourite character of hers.
1. Never let age dictate what you wear
2. Always end on good terms with your ex, and remain mature throughout the aftermath.
3. Always be honest about the look you’re trying to go for. If you’re trying to impress/look sexy/couldn't care less what you look like today - just say it!
4. Always take exercising incredibly seriously…
5. Never care what people think about you, embrace their bitchiness, and take it as a compliment.
6. Always be 100% honest with your friends
7. Never conform to society’s ideals of the way you should look, and act.
8. Embrace your sexual prowess
9. Approach all PDA situations with absolute caution – you never know who could be watching you!
10. Avoid thinking about anything too emotional and deep the moment your head hits the pillow at night
11. Always be honest about why you decided to cancel your plans/ditch your friends and that new bar opening/skipped the new yoga class you promised your housemate you’d go to
12. Never say no, and always take every opportunity life throws at you
13. Remain looking sober, despite how many [insert your favourite cocktail] you’ve rammed down your throat at post-work happy hour.
14. Always prove you’re up-to-date with current affairs and politics, as well as Keeping Up With The Kardashians and the latest club night.
15. Never be too hard on yourself, and remember, you are your biggest fan
16. Never let a little heartache get you down
17. Take orders from no one – except obviously the Law… and your boss.
18. Always aim to have a squad even Taylor Swift would be jealous of
It's safe to say that Samantha is a strong contender for our favourite Sex and the City character.
Now if only they'd hurry up and make a third movie...
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
Zendaya praises Tom Holland's 'natural gift' in rare comment about their relationship
This is *so* sweet.
By Jadie Troy-Pryde
Rachel Daly: "If you've got a dream and you work at it every single day, good things will happen."
By Ally Head
I don't like wearing foundation, but even I'm sold on nearly every formula this brand has to offer
There are some real hits
By Shannon Lawlor