We've been obsessed with Amanda Seyfried since she played dopey Karen in Mean Girls. This summer, she's back with a bang in Ted 2 and to celebrate, we visited her in New York for a glam-rock style photo shoot. Frankly honest, genuinely funny and totally fabulous; here's just a few of the reasons we officially heart Amanda Seyfried.
1. She brought her dog, Finn, a 5-year-old Australian Shepherd, to our photo shoot in Manhattan's Meatpacking District and he barely left her side. Anyone who can run around in five inch heels (as she did at the studio) playing with a dog is a total pro in our book.
2. She is de-stigmatising mental health by talking about her own anxieties. '[Therapy] is coping with life,' she tells us. 'I just think, you go to your doctor about heart problems, or an eye doctor if you have an infection, you have to take care of yourself. Mental health is so segregated, it sucks. You don't necessarily have to have something wrong with your brain to have mental-health issues.'
3. She's playing a pot-smoking lawyer in Ted 2. And is hilarious. Despite her (very modest) concerns. 'I'm convinced people are just going to go, "Where's Mila?" And listen, she's got a lot of fans.'
4. She puts her happiness above her career. Wise girl. 'I've made some tough decisions. I turned down some pretty big stuff. I didn't want to be an action hero or wear a fucking green suit for like, ten years, because I don't want to be miserable. I think happiness comes from being free.'
5. She worries about when to have babies. Amanda, we hear you. 'I keep feeling like my eggs are dying off. Once you've turned 30, you might only have a 20 per cent of getting pregnant [each cycle]. And that's if everything is working well. Isn't that crazy?... I need to get on it... I want a child, badly. I've been feeling it it for like, two years. I'm not ready, but nobody is ready.'
6. She likes the idea of marriage, just not the big showy wedding. 'I do premieres and dress up all the time. I do that for a fucking living. Putting on a dress and saying vows to the person I love is fine, if I am alone with him. That's what is really meaningful to me.'
7. When she did theatre for the first time this spring (starring in an off-Broadway production of The Way We Get By) she had the BEST post-show ritual: A homemade Manhattan with extra maraschino cherries and slices of Manchego cheese. See? A girl after our own heart.
Read the full interview in the August '15 issue of Marie Claire UK.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Harry Styles and Taylor Russell are 'living together' and secretly enjoying cute London dates
These two are getting serious
By Lauren Hughes
Apple cider vinegar gummies continue to trend, so I started taking them every day – here’s how I got on
Are they worth the hype?
By Faima Bakar
I just used AI to create my perfect concealer shade—and it's genuinely blown me away
Is this the future of shade matching?
By Sofia Piza