Thinking of taking a risk at work? Check out these inspiring books to make you braver.
1. A Room Of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
The feminist classic on why women need both intellectual and financial freedom.
‘Just do it’ mantras from the likes of Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs and Arianna Huffington.
A hugely personal account of overcoming prejudice and hatred.
A call to action for women everywhere to fight for more at work, from Facebook’s COO.
5. Middlemarch by George Eliot
The tale of a woman who aspires to a more significant existence in the 19th century.
6. The Turning Point: Creating Resilience in a Time of Extremes by Gregg Braden
Using his expertise in cutting-edge science Braden reveals simple strategies for resilient thinking for our finances and lifestyles. With easy-to-understand science and real-world circumstances, this book proves that the solutions to our biggest problems already exist. Rejoice!
7. Destroy Your Distractions: How to Make Work Awesome, Get Things Done and Skyrocket Your Productivity by Tom Corson-Knowles
Daily distractions of email, social media and even your family and co-workers make focusing on yourself and your aims a challenge.
This is the ultimate guide on how to put the spotlight on yourself and what you can really achieve with top tips on preventing distractions keeping you from reaching your potential.
8. Let’s All Be Brave: Living Life With Everything You Have by Annie F Downs
Featuring stories from the author’s own life, real life examples and historical anecdotes, this bravery bible encourages us to stop letting fear hold us back, encouraging us to live boldly even when its scary.
9. Your Comfort Zone is Killing You: Finding The Courage To Be You by Billy Anderson
Apparently, the number one regret of people on their deathbed is: ‘I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.’ Make sure you’re not one of them by reading up on other people’s screw ups and embarrassing moments, so you won’t have to make them too.