Impress your friends with expertly cooked swordfish, served with saffron potatoes
• 2 large pinches saffron
• 3tbsp olive oil
• 1tbsp white wine vinegar
• large pinch of sugar
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• 500g new potatoes
• 4 swordfish steaks
• grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
• olive oil
• 4 vine leaves
• 12 slices of chorizo (optional)
1) Put the saffron in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes, then add the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning.
2) Boil the potatoes in salted water, drain and quickly slip off their skins, then toss with the saffron dressing while still warm.
3) Sprinkle the fish with lemon rind and juice, seasoning and a splash of olive oil. Wrap in a vine leaf and secure with cocktail sticks (foil is a good alternative on the barbie, or leave it unwrapped under the grill).
4) Cook on the barbecue for 3-5 minutes each side, or under a medium grill (on an oiled tray) until the fish is opaque. Cook the chorizo at the same time for
a minute or two each side.
5) Serve piled on the potatoes.