There's no way you're sleeping alone tonight
Reddit. What can we say about Reddit? It can be a strange part of the internet which doesn't have the best track record for treating women nicely, but every now and again it comes up with something truly brilliant. This time, it's ghost stories.
Hundreds of people have taken to the home of user-generated content to post their two line ghost stories and you know what? They're utterly chilling.
(sorry if you're reading these just before bed...)
1) 'One I heard a while ago. Not taking credit for this.
"Growing up with cats and dogs, I got used to the sounds of scratching at my door while I slept. Now that I live alone, it is much more unsettling."' - Miami_Metro
2) 'My sister says that mommy killed her. Mommy says that I don't have a sister.' - i_am_the_a**_bu**
3) 'I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”' - JustAnotherMuffledVo
4) 'Don't be scared of the monsters, just look for them. Look to your left, to your right, under your bed, behind your dresser, in your closet but never look up, she hates being seen.' -AnarchistWaffle
5) 'The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand.' -Gagege
6) 'They celebrated the first successful cryogenic freezing. He had no way of letting them know he was still conscious.' -KnowsGooderThanYou
7) 'After so many years living alone in this large house I came to a startling revelation. In this time I had closed far more doors than I had opened.' -namelessuser
8) 'Years ago, a lone chair appeared in the center of the basement, and no matter how many times I put it back in the corner it always found a way back to the center. It took a long time to realize it was positioned underneath the kitchen, almost like someone had taken a seat at the dinner table with the rest of us.' -thatreevesgirl
9) 'The grinning face stared at me from the darkness beyond my bedroom window. I live on the 14th floor.' -bentreflection
10) 'I just saw my reflection blink.' -marino1310
11) 'Put back the mirrors. We miss watching you.' - razzliox
12) 'Being buried alive was bad enough. Realizing I wasn't alone in my own grave was worse.' -harshcougar
14) 'My daughter won't stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn't help.' -skuppy
15) 'When next you are completely alone, imagine you are listening to a sound of some kind. When that sounds seems to stop, you'll know that you've been noticed.' -RamsesThePigeon
16) 'I kiss my wife and daughter goodnight before I go to sleep. When I wake up, I'm in a padded room and the nurses tell me it was just a dream.' -StoryTellerBob
Enjoy never sleeping again, guys!
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
Taylor Swift reveals when she actually started dating Travis Kelce - and why she's refusing to hide their relationship
She's opening up about it *all*
By Jadie Troy-Pryde
Forget the South of France in summer, winter’s the time to go
By Penny Goldstone
The biggest dating trends for 2024 might just get you back on the apps
Feeling jaded by modern dating? Take a look at this
By Lauren Hughes