Our December cover girl is undeniably gorgeous, but Scarlett Johansson's sex appeal goes way beyond her looks. As these quotes show, she's funny, feisty and ridiculously cool (even in her geeky moments). We salute you, Scar...
1. ‘I still eat a burger at a counter with ketchup dripping down my face.’
2. ‘I don’t do "damsel in distress" very well. It’s hard for me to play a victim.’
3. ‘I hope they make a video game of me. At least I wouldn’t have any cellulite then.’
4. ‘I would have loved to have gone into diagnostic medicine.’
5. ‘It's a great thing to get older and learn. I don't feel bound in any way by how many years I've lived. I identify just as much with my 86-year-old grandmother as I do with my sister.’
6. ‘I was driving through Los Angeles and I look up and see the biggest photo of me I have ever seen in my life on a massive ad space. I screamed and slammed on the brakes. I couldn't believe it. It's very strange to see my cleavage the size of a brontosaurus.’
7. ‘I like to look nice, but I think that there's ways of doing it that are more tasteful than just wearing a bikini wherever you go.’
8. ‘Whose life would I like to step into for the day? The President's. I could probably get some things done in the Oval Office.’
9. ‘I am still dorky. I watch cheesy TV with TV dinners and, at one point, could not stop watching Jerry Springer.'
10. 'I try to stay fit and eat healthily, but I am not anxious to starve myself and become unnaturally thin. I don't find that look attractive on women and I don't want to become part of that trend. It's unhealthy and it puts too much pressure on women in general who are being fed this image of the ideal, which it is not.’
11. 'I don't need to be skinny to be sexy.’
12. ‘What I respect most in people is naturalness and authenticity... I aspire to being a truthful person.’
13. 'I think I've always been by nature a happy person. You know, everybody has their moments, but I do what I love and my job is very satisfying and I get paid to do it. I live in New York, I live in Paris, I get to travel a lot. I work with people I admire. How can I complain?' she told us in the December issue of Marie Claire.
Got a tablet? You can now download Marie Claire magazine straight to your iPad, Kindle (just search the store for 'marie claire magazine'), Nook or Google Nexus.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Taylor Swift reveals when she actually started dating Travis Kelce - and why she's refusing to hide their relationship
She's opening up about it *all*
By Jadie Troy-Pryde
Forget the South of France in summer, winter’s the time to go
By Penny Goldstone
The biggest dating trends for 2024 might just get you back on the apps
Feeling jaded by modern dating? Take a look at this
By Lauren Hughes