We ask a tester to trial Sukin’s natural skincare range…
Welcome back to our Marie Claire #SOSSkin Clinic, in which we charge testers with the challenge of trying a skincare routine designed to nix their individual skin gripe – be that breakouts, pigmentation, wrinkles or dullness.
In our first clinic of 2017, we’ve charged our tester Molly with a routine designed to match her newly-salubrious lifestyle. Molly was keen to see if a natural. eco-friendly, cruelty-free brand would be able to perform as well as the non-natural products she’d been using, so we prescribed her a regime by natural brand Sukin, which hails from Australia and has been gaining a cult following over here in the UK.
Watch the video to see how she got on, and make a beeline for these top natural ingredients if you have embarked on a bit of a lifestyle overhaul and want your skincare to match:
The Beauty Desk’s Top 5 Natural Skincare Ingredients:
1) Honey. Antimicrobial, antibacterial, a humectant, yummy… The list of pros goes on and on. We love to slather the stuff on our skin as a DIY face mask, or pop a little on a spot to calm it down.
2) Aloe Vera. Intensively moisturising and soothing, aloe vera should be your go-to if your skin tends to get irritated.
3) Argan Oil. Indigenous to Morocco, argan oil is a powerhouse ingredient that will charge your skin up with essential fatty acids, vitamin E and antioxidants. It’s also ideal on acne-prone skin, regulating oil production and helping blemishes to heal more quickly.
4) Borage Seed Oil. This one’s a whizz kid at bringing down inflammation and slowing the ageing process. Use this as the base for a facial massage before bed to really reap the benefits.
5) Rose Hip Oil. Get your hands on some rose hip oil if you have scar tissue or want to really boost glow – it encourages cell renewal while also feeding the skin with nutrients so that the fresh skin that comes to the surface is healthier and more even.