Could you ever throw in the towel and quit your full-time job? We meet the woman who did…
We’ve all dreamt of throwing in the towel, escaping the rigour of 9-5 and finding a career path that really suits us.
But it usually stays as just that, a dream. Could you ever really give up full time employment and a regular monthly salary to completely change your career?
We know one woman who did just that and she hasn’t missed her old job one bit…
Meet Faith Hill, the extraordinary woman who had the courage to leave her full time job, go on a grown-up gap year for nine months and set up her own business.
Faith quit her job and left to go on travelling for nine months whilst she built the confidence to start her business venture, Spark Escapes.
She even undertook a seven-day silent Vipassana mediation at retreat on a remote mountain.
A whole week without speaking? Good work.
Working 9-5 certainly isn’t for everyone and if you’re looking for a little inspiration, Spark Escapes are guaranteed to put you on the right track.
So what is Spark Escapes?
It’s a successful business that curates uplifting events and workshops to inspire, encourage and support women like you who want to create an amazing life and business.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re after a career change, a new job or want to start your own business, Spark escapes will help you find your true career path.
Here are Faith’s top five tips for planning your escape from the 9 – 5.
1. Strike up conversations with new friends who have already ‘escaped’. Hearing their stories will give you strength and encouragement to go for it yourself
2. Feed your ideas bank by attending a variety of inspiration events, workshops and courses. Choose as many topics as you like; they will all give you ideas and connections for your new path
3. Hire a coach to not only keep your escape on track, but also to keep your motivation levels up high. You’ll kick yourself later if you tell yourself escape is not possible and slip back into 9-5 life
4. Learn new skills to expand your capabilities and new life opportunities. I have found NLP fascinating and useful not just for Spark clients, but for using on myself too.
5. Go part time at work to give yourself time and headspace to explore new options… and to keep a safety net of steady income. Think your boss will say no immediately? Do you know that for sure? It’s worth asking; you never know
Read on below to find discover more about the latest workshops and events from Spark Escapes, trust us you don’t want to miss out on these. We’ll see you there…
Event: Realise Your Potential
This unforgettable one-day workshop will be led by New York executive business coach, Silvia Christmann (pictured above). It’ll help you to unleash the best version of yourself and map out the life you want.
The Tramperley, Old Street, London, EC1 9EY
Saturday 8th August 10.30am – 5.30pm
Early birds tickets are £39, book now to avoid disappointment.
Escape: Find Your Calling
If you’re looking for a career change, this could weekend event could be the one for you. It’s a two day programme at Sparkford Hall in Somerset (pictured above) that’s designed to inform, inspire and motivate you to make your career goal a reality.
Sparkford Hall, Somerset, BA11 7LD
9th – 11th October
Early bird prices start at £540