The Jenner duo are doing it without the backing of a major label
The Jenner girls have enjoyed a wealth of success with their recent business endeavours, creating apps, penning books and getting in on clothing collabs with both Topshop and PacSun. And now Kylie and Kendall are making a bold fashion foray without the backing of a major brand by launching their own clothing line. And whether you’re excited or nonplussed about this latest Jenner news – you’ve got to hand it to the girls – they know how to hustle.
Here’s everything we know about their range so far…
1. On January 13th, several US websites reported that they received an email for a ‘Kendall + Kylie Jenner Launch Event’ on February 8th at 8pm, to celebrate the creation of the girl’s new standalone clothing brand.
2. A Kylie and Kendall photo on shopping site Nordstrom confirms that the clothing will go on-sale in selected US stores on February 1st.
3. The page has also given us a sneak preview as to what to expect from the range as Kylie said: ‘There’s a lot of range, oufits you can wear every day, nighttime looks and some surprise pieces.’ Kendall added: ‘This line is a true reflection of our evolving love of fashion.’ Ooh.
4. Judging from a photo also on the Nordstrom site, the collection’s going to include versions of the Jenner-Kardashian heels of choice: the cage-shoe.
5. Eagle-eyed fans will have noticed that the girls created the @kendalandkyliel Insta page a few months ago and have actually been dropping clues about their line for ages. They’ve also lets us see into their creative hub by recently uploading a photo of their office. (We have serious chair-lust).
6. No Jenner-Kardashian collab would be complete without a palette of neutral colours. And by the looks of things, there’s going to be lots of black, white and blush pink. They uploaded these pics of their upcoming designs months ago, so we know this has been a long time coming.
7. The Jenner launch party is right before New York Fashion Week – so something tells us that the girls are looking to be taken very seriously by the fashion community…
What do you think? Will you be buying Kendall and Kylie clothes? Let us know @marieclaireuk