Everything you need to know about our exclusive shopping event with Miss Sixty. Top styling tips and denim advice this way...
Marie Claire’s exclusive Miss Sixty in-store shopping event was a night filled with top styling advice, new-season trend talks and plenty of discounts, champagne and hair braiding. And all packed into one stylish event at Miss Sixty’s Westfield store.
Marie Claire’s very own Fashion Editor, Lucia Debieux, was on hand to impart her styling wisdom, alongside fashion blogger Lorna Luxe – who also shared her hero buys for the new season ahead.
This was followed by a pop-up braiding station from renowned beauty bar blow LTD, recreating the must-have halo braid look, as modelled by Natalia Vodianova in the AW15 Miss Sixty campaign.
Here’s 6 top styling tips to take away from the event…
1. The Frayed Denim Jacket: The humble denim jacket has been given a new-season makeover and the result is this frayed collarless design. The DIY version is almost impossible to create yourself (and trust us, we’ve tried), and we think this boxy version is about as cool as it gets. Lucia teamed it with a skirt-trouser combo for a statement denim look.
2. The Leather Jacket: A must-have for any wardrobe, Lorna championed the leather jacket and hailed it as an essential for stylish weekend dressing. Miss Sixty’s version is well worth the spend – for the buttery soft feel alone. Plus, it will work with pretty much everything in your current wardrobe.
3. The High Waist Skinny Jean: A long-time wardrobe hero and essential off-duty staple. The super-skinny jean is back for another season and has been update with the high waist. Miss Sixty was the first denim retailer to champion the high-waist silhouette, meaning you really are in good hands when it comes to cut, style and wash. Wear yours with a shirt tucked in to emphasise the waist.
4. The Skinny Dungaree: It’s likely we all own a pair of denim dungarees by now, but the new way to wear the overall is slim-fit. Lucia suggests styling yours with a grey high-neck knit, a black mini bucket bag and some platform heels to really offset your dungaree look.
5. Layering: The Layered look just got glam. Should you be looking for some top off-duty wardrobe inspo for the chilly winter months, this is the way to go. Lorna explained that the way to ensure your look is flattering, stick with fine knits and neutral colours. Lorna styled our model in a longline grey cardigan over a crew-neck knit with blue skinny jeans and pointed courts.
6. The Skirt Over Trouser Look: If you’re clued up on your street style trends, you’ll be well aware of the fash-pack’s obsession with wearing skirts over trousers. If, like us, you’ve been trying to make your pleated skirt work over your skinny jeans with very little success, you’ll be pleased to hear Miss Sixty have an all-in-one option that’s far more flattering and easy to wear. Lucia styled the look with a boat neck top and mid-height pointed heels.
So there you have it. Your new-season denim trends are all here in one handy how-to styling guide.
Shop the new AW15 Miss Sixty collection, now.
For more top styling tips and highlights from the exclusive event, be sure to follow Marie Claire( @marieclaireuk), Lorna Luxe (@lorna_luxe) and Lucia Debieux (@LuciaDebieux).