Follow our step-by-step guide to recreate the Hollywood hair as showcased by Kate Hudson, Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard in the musical movie!
Set in the swinging Sixties, Nine is a fast-paced fashion feast for the eyes, with some of the most glamorous actresses of the decade showcasing a variety of super-sexy looks.
But what really had us going Gaga, were their luscious locks – from big bouffants, to elegant up-dos and long luxe waves,
And now you can recreate the old-Hollywood hair, thanks to Wellaflex Silvikrin Style Director Zoe Irwin, and her handy step-by-step guide…
The Bubble Bouffant
“The Sixties was all about height, and this classic voluminous style is the ultimate glamorous up-do,’ says Zoe.
1. Section off the top, sides and crown of blow-dried hair. Beginning on the bottom, backcomb hair at the roots for added height, then spray with Wellaflex Silvikrin Hydrostyle, to inject some lost moisture and hold.
2. Softly brush though hair to smooth, then wind hair into a roll and secure with hair pins.
3. Repeat on each section, carefully layering hair and weaving into the roll, smoothing with your hand, then pinning into place.
4. A final spritz of Wellaflex Sivikrin Shiny Hold will banish frizz, inject shine and give the style extra staying power ready for you to glam the night away.
The Elegant Elaborate Blow
‘A differently shaped blow dry that’s flatter at the sides, with lots of height throughout the crown, creates a sensuous yet sophisticated result,’ says Zoe.
1. Blow-dry hair with a round brush for bags of volume, then spritz with a heat protection spray.
2. For texture to the blow-dry, wrap sections of hair away from the face around barrel tongs to create loose waves. The key thing here is to tong random sections to ensure the shape of the hair doesn’t go too wide.
3. Brush through the waves with a paddle brush and mist with Wellaflex Silvikrin Hydrostyle to keep hair moisturised without weighing it down, and leave a soft, sexy finish.