Once upon a time we had to wait all year for the January Sales. Getting to Selfridges first thing on Boxing Day morning was a must for any fashionista grabbing a bargain. Now it feels somewhere there is always a secret sample sale on, which is why we quizzed Marie Claire fashion editor Lucia Debieux on her top 5 sales shopping rules...
1. Sign up to Maire Claire Fashion Sales Genius. Here at MC we like to think we’ve taken some of the stress out of your sales shopping with the new Marie Claire Fashion Sales Genius site. Easy to sign up, pick your favourite brands and sit back. Yes that’s right, let them do all the hard work searching for the bargains for you, and wait for your weekly email. I have my eye on the Opening Ceremony boots down to £134. Add to basket!
2. Research… no one likes a wasted shopping trip so make sure you have these dates in your diary. Selfridges, Harrods and Harvey Nichols all start their sales extravaganzas on Boxing Day with Liberty doing a sales preview now with up to 40% off. Get in line ladies. Before you hit the high street take some time to look at your wardrobe. Are you picking pieces up because you already have them snuck in the back of your wardrobe?
3. Go solo. Shopping alone is the only way to shop for me, I don’t need someone else eyeing up the same bargain!
4. Take 5. Does that white sheer skirt go with at least 5 pieces in your wardrobe. If its a yes then your good to go!
5. Follow Marie Claire for all the new season trends. Keep these in mind while you splurge so you will always look on trend no matter what season you buy. This Summer there is a multitude of trends to look out for…Anything monochrome, bright colour, 60’s shapes, lace and animal print will keep you one step ahead.