And we’re here for it.
The Oscars 2018 are in sight, taking place at LA’s Dolby Theatre on 4th March 2018, and hosted this year by talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.
If this year’s award ceremonies are anything to go by, we’re in for a night of black-coloured couture, high profile activism and some record-breaking wins – with Ladybird’s Greta Gerwig being the fifth woman ever to be nominated for a best director Oscar.
We’re most excited however about the speeches, with Academy Award acceptance speeches proving to be some of the most popular videos online, raking in millions of views.
To mark the 90th anniversary of the Oscars, YouTube has unveiled the most popular acceptance videos from the awards show on the site – and they are the perfect watch to get you excited for Sunday.
From the late Heath Ledger’s family accepting an award on his behalf, to Jennifer Lawrence tripping over to collect her trophy and Tom Hanks taking centre stage for Forrest Gump, these beloved speeches provide showbiz nostalgia as we anticipate this year’s winners…
Want even more Oscars coverage? We’ll be reporting on the best looks at the Oscars red carpet as well as the fate of the Oscars nominations 2018. If you’re feeling a little nostalgic, we’ve also curated the biggest Oscar snubs, best Oscars dresses of all time and Oscars after party dresses for you.
1. Leonardo DiCaprio (2016) – 11+ million views
2. Heath Ledger (2009) – 10.2+ million views
3. Matthew McConaughey (2014) – 10.1+ millions views
4. Kate Winslet (2009) – 8.5+ million views
5. Jennifer Lawrence (2013) – 8.4+ million views
6. Roberto Benign (1999) – 7.3+ million views
7. Tom Hanks (1995) – 6.1+ million views
8. Natalie Portman (2011) – 5.6+ million views
9. Sandra Bullock (2010) – 5.2+ million views
10. Adrien Brody (2003) – 5.2+ million views
Now we officially cannot wait until Sunday.