“Women are better than men”... We're all ears, Ryan
Ryan Gosling is the guy who broke up a street fight in New York. He’s the guy who saved a journalist from being hit by a taxi when she crossed the road without looking. He’s the guy who loves his mum. The guy who sticks up for pigs (yuhuh, you heard that right). His latest swoon-worthy crusade? Feminism…
The actor recently told ES Magazine that “Women are better than men.”
He’s off to an excellent start.
“I think [America] needs a woman’s touch. I’ve always liked women more,” said the 35-year-old actor, who has two daughter with Eva Mendes. “I was brought up by my mother and older sister. I found my way into dance class. My home life now is mostly women. They are better than us. They make me better.”
Do go on, Ryan…
“It’s our time as men to be on the receiving end of the stick,” the Drive actor said of women’s objectification in history. “I grew up with women so I’ve always been aware of it. When my mother and I walked to the grocery store, men would circle the block in cars. It was very scary, especially as a young boy. Very predatory — a hunt.”
Eva is one lucky lady.
As mentioned, this isn’t the first time Ryan has had us aching with love.
The super-hot movie dude wrote an open letter called ‘A Tiny Cage Is Not A Life’ for the Globe and Mail back in 2013. In the 534-word piece, Gosling fought for the rights of farm pigs, many of whom are kept in tiny cages for a large chunk of their lives.
The Hollywood dreamboat (is it okay that we just used the word ‘dreamboat’?) really pulled at the heart strings when he compared the farm pigs to his own ‘beloved dog George.’ He stated that he takes George everywhere with him and even revealed that his pet pooch likes apples.
Ryan Gosling with gorgeous George
This isn’t the first time Mr Gosling has fought for the rights of animals. Oh no. In 2012 he teamed up with PETA to fight cruelty to cows on dairy farms, specifically a horrific process called ‘dehorning’ in which calves have their horns gouged or burned out of their heads.
So, just to recap, he’s a talented actor, a total hunk, a hero, a feminist and an animal rights’ activist; Ryan Gosling you continue to blow our minds.
To celebrate the wow-worthy actor, here are our top 7 Ryan Gosling quotes:
1. ‘When I’m down in the dumps, nothing gets my toes a-tappin’ like putting on my old MC Hammer pants. And they still fit, even though my aunt made them for me when I was eight. But that’s the genius of MC Hammer. They still fit me though I’ve grown significantly. I’ll never know how MC Hammer got into money problems. Genius.’
2. ‘I think the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want.’
3. ‘I mean, God bless “The Notebook”, it introduced me to one of the great loves (Rachel McAdams) of my life. But, people do Rachel and me a disservice by assuming we were anything like the people in that movie. Rachel and my love story is a hell of a lot more romantic than that.’
4. ‘I’m attracted to films that have strong female characters because there are strong female characters in my life.’
5. ‘Anything that’s by Disney makes me cry. ‘Dumbo’ gets me every time. ‘All Dogs Go To Heaven’ is another. When the dog dies at the end it’s like my brain can’t handle it. It’s so sad.’
6. ‘My sister was my best friend and my hero growing up. Because I was home-schooled I didn’t have a lot of friends, and I did ballet which was always just girls. All of that had an effect on my brain.’
7. ‘I started reading these men’s magazines , trying to follow all the tips: what you’re supposed to wear, what you’re supposed to have, things you’re supposed to say, and all the exercises you’re supposed to do.’
Are you as in love with Ryan Gosling as we are? His he the perfect package? Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below.