She may be a Hollywood superstar with a swoon-worthy boyfriend to boot, but Emma Stone is one very normal leading lady. As LA's most down-to-earth starlet shares her Spice Girls obsession, here's why we think she's just like us, really...
1. She's secretly a bit of a geek She's admitted to being a 'huge computer nerd' and even planned an undercover appearance at sci-fi movie fest Comic-Con, so she could enjoy it without being recognised. Wow.
2. She's not afraid to make fun of herself With brilliant comic timing and an infectious smile, this leading lady definitely doesn't take herself too seriously. She held her own alongside Ben Stiller on stage at the Oscars in 2012, and once starred in a spoof Funny Or Die iPhone commercial. Brilliant.
3. She falls head-over-heels in love She doesn't talk about her relationship with Spider-Man co-star Andrew Garfield a great deal, but anyone can see they're smitten. So. Cute.
4. She has bad skin days At 17 she was treated for hormonal acne, and has suffered from the occasional breakout ever since. 'I had stress acne when I was 20, when I did Easy A, which they kindly video-airbrushed out of the movie,' she revealed in an interview last year. 'I realised how debilitating and embarrassing it can be,' she added, revealing: 'I'm really interested in the biology of what makes up acne and how to work on it from the outside, too.'
5. She can't take a compliment Emma regularly hits best dressed lists and has starred in some of the coolest films in recent years. And, of course, she's gorgeous. But can she accept a compliment? Of course not. After winning yet another fashion icon title, the actress gave credit to her stylist, Petra Flannery, insisting she's the 'voice of reason' behind all her fashion choices.
6. She loves a DIY beauty treat She could afford to have beauty experts at her beck and call 24 hours a day, but Emma loves nothing more than a night in with some home-made beauty goodies. She even admitting to using a pot of $1 baking soda as face scrub.
7. She doesn't travel light You'll never see her strolling through the airport with a teeny tiny wheelie case behind her - Emma packs all the options, and is often seen pushing a towering trolley through the airport. A girl after own hearts.
8. She adores animals… …and even rescued a 2-year-old retriever from an animal shelter in Los Angeles. He goes with her everywhere.
9. She's a little but insecure As a child, Emma has revealed she was 'immobilised' by panic attacks, but used acting to tackle her anxiety. Nowdays? 'Everybody has parts of their body that they dislike, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over them.' We're glad to hear it.
10. She does her own shopping Forget having assistants on call. When she's not walking the red carpet, this leading lady runs all her own errands. Just like everyone else. Now that's impressive...
11. She's VERY determined So determined, in fact, that, aged just 15, she created a powerpoint presentation - set to the tune of Madonna's hit Hollywood, what else?! - to convince her parents to move from Arizona to Los Angeles so she could begin an acting career. We're very glad she did…
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
Apple cider vinegar gummies continue to trend, so I started taking them every day – here’s how I got on
Are they worth the hype?
By Faima Bakar
I just used AI to create my perfect concealer shade—and it's genuinely blown me away
Is this the future of shade matching?
By Sofia Piza
Despite having oily skin, I'm a liquid blush convert and these are 5 of the best I've ever tried - just in time for the party season
Get a healthy flush in seconds
By Lucy Abbersteen