We’re hooked on the creepy psychological thriller, but can somebody please answer these deeply pressing questions for us?
Heard of Behind Her Eyes? If you like your TV dark, foreboding and a little (read: very) creepy, add it to your planner ASAP. It’s based on the best-selling book by Sarah Pinborough and follows the story of single mother Louise (played by The Night Manager’s Simona Brown) who has a part-time job in a psychiatrist’s office.
When she begins an affair with her new boss David (Vanity Fair’s Tom Bateman), things very quickly start to unravel – thanks largely to the unlikely friendship that forms between Louise and David’s wife, Adele (Eve Hewson – daughter of U2’s Bono, FYI). Soon Louise finds herself caught in a web of secrets and deception she can’t escape from – aka GREAT television (from the makers of The Crown, we’d expect nothing less). But episode one of Behind Her Eyes left us with some questions…
- How does Adele dress entirely in white and never spill anything?
- Where’s all the household clutter (think: cutlery on the side/rogue socks or face wipes) and WHY don’t we live in a house like that?
- Why don’t men like Jamie walk up to us and snog us in bars?
- How much do psychologist appointments cost because we’re seriously considering an appointment.
- Sorry to keep banging on about it, but what are the mortgage payments on that house *googles 5-bed in Hampstead Heath*
- What’s with the brick phone? (RIP snake)
- No normal family has a leisurely breakfast in the garden on a WEEKDAY, do they?
- HOW ADORABLE IS ADAM? CAN WE STEAL HIM?
- How does Louise eat bacon sandwiches for breakfast and look that good?
- Who is Adele’s hairdresser (and can we have their number?)
And of course…WHAT HAPPENED IN THE WOODS? Watch and join us in our Behind Her Eyes obsession, please.