Get creative with your beauty this summer. Lose any make-up inhibitions and switch things up for a new and fresh look. Whether it’s statement glitter or adding a colourful lip into the mix, get into one of these Spring Summer 2019 make up trends.
For spring/summer 2019, colourful eyeshadow was seen everywhere. From Valentino to Halpern and from washes of highly pigmented colour to painterly abstract shapes, this is the perfect alternative to a bold lip (with no reapplication needed).
How to do a pink eyeshadow look
- Start by applying a base primer to the lid of the eye. Try Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, £21
- Apply your chosen colour and blend out all the edges for a soft and diffused look. Try Pat McGrath MTHERSHIP SUBVERSIVE LA VIE EN ROSE PALETTE in Rose Risqué, £50
- Coat your lashes for extra impact. Try Le Volume Révolution de Chanel Mascara, £28
Top tip: The base primer creates the perfect canvas for colour.
FAUX FRECKLES & BONZER
Celebrate beautiful freckles and 70s sun kissed skin by accentuating yours.
How to create the perfect faux freckles
- Sweep bronzing make-up across the high points for the face. Try Soleil tan de Chanel, £40
- Accentuate freckles with fine eyeliner brush across the bridge of the nose and outwards. Try Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in medium brown and dark brown, £19
Top tip: Soften marks by dagging a finger over them to create a natural effect.
POLISHED SKIN & VIRGIN BROWS
Minimal make-up and maximum radiance combined with bushy brows is the perfect combo for a heat wave.
How to get polished skin:
- Exfoliate your face for a polished glow. Try Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant, £17.50
- Apply a radiance booster. Try Caudalie Beauty Elixir, £12 for 30ml
- Slather on an SPF. Try Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF30 Moisturiser, £17.50
- Apply an concealer if you need extra coverage. Try Glossier Stretch Concealer
- Brush brows upwards to create an eye opening effect. Try Benefit 24 Hour Brow, £21.50
Top tip: Fill in any gaps with an eyebrow pen just follow the natural line of hair growth. Suqqu framing eyebrow liquid pen creates hair like strokes.
Bring the WOW factor to any summer festival with graphic and glittered eye makeup.
How to do graphic glitter eye make-up:
- Apply glitter primer to your eye lid in your desired shape. Try NXY Professional Makeup Glitter Primer, £8
- Pat on a selection of coloured glitters over the primer with a synthetic flat eye shadow brush.
- Use a selection of colours and tones to give a 3D effect.
Top tip: Remove any glitter fall out with Boots Microporous tape.
Spring Summer 2019 Make Up Trends: STATEMENT LIPS
Turn up the heat this season with neon, bright corals, fiery reds and hot pinks. For an easy way to play with colour, try painting on a bright lip.
How to do statement lip make up:
- Prime and condition your lips. Try Clinique moisture Surge Lip Hydro-Plump Treatment, £16
- Apply a creamy lipstick formula with high sheen. Try Mac Lustre Lipstick in Neon Orange, £17.50
Top tip: Keep the rest of your look paired back to make the most of the bold lip.
Spring Summer 2019 Make Up Trends by:
Photography: Dan Williams
Fashion: Madeleine Bowden
Make up: Sophie Higginson using CHANEL Vision d’Asie: Lumiére et Contraste and CHANEL Hydra Beauty Camellia Water Cream
Hair: Emma Small using Bumble and Bumble