The rappper did a Kanye by interrupting Beck as he received his Album of the Year award at the Grammys. Read his explanation, plus join us as we look back at Yeezy's most ludicrous utterences ever...1. 'So, the voices in my head told me go, and then I just walked up, like, halfway up the stage... But I just didn’t really want to take away from Beck’s moment, or the time he’s having to talk. It was kind of a joke – like the Grammys themselves.'
2. 'I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.'
3. 'I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay Z was allowed to become Jay Z.'
4. 'Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books.'
5. 'I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice.'
6. 'I hate when I'm on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.'
7. 'One of the problems with being a bubbling source of creativity - it's like I'm bubbling in a laboratory, and if you don't put a cap on it, at one point it will, like, break the glass. If I can hone that… then I have, like, nuclear power, like a superhero, like Cyclops when he puts his glasses on.'
8. 'You should only believe about 90 percent of what I say. As a matter of fact, don’t even believe anything that I’m saying at all. I could be completely fucking with you, and the world, the entire time.'
9. 'I don't even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in.'
10. 'There's nothing I really wanted to do in life that I wasn't able to get good at. That's my skill. I'm not really specifically talented at anything except for the ability to learn. That's what I do. That's what I'm here for.'
11. 'I'm a pop enigma. I live and breathe every element in life. I rock a bespoke suit and I go to Harold's for fried chicken. It's all these things at once, because, as a taste maker, I find the best of everything.'
12. 'People ask me a lot about my drive. I think it comes from, like, having a sexual addiction at a really young age. Look at the drive that people have to get sex - to dress like this and get a haircut and be in the club in the freezing cold at 3 A.M., the places they go to pick up a girl. If you can focus the energy into something valuable, put that into work ethic.'
13. 'I jog in Lanvin.'
14. About Kim Kardashian: 'Y'all are acting like this ain't the most beautiful woman of all time. Wait a second, wait a second - I'm talking about arguably of human existence. The top 10 of human existence... I don't give a f*ck what type of jacket she got on.'
15. 'Visiting my mind is like visiting the Hermès factory. Sh*t is real.'
16. 'If you read books - which I don't, none at all - about how to become a billionaire, they always say, 'You learn more from your mistakes.' So if you learn from your mistakes, then I'm a f*cking genius.'
17. 'I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.'
18. 'I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.'
19. 'Fur pillows are hard to actually sleep on.'
20. 'I believe that bad taste is vulgar. It's like cursing. I think the world can be saved through design, because what is the most distasteful thing someone can do? Kill someone. So, good taste is the opposite of that.'
21. 'I’m a designer. A musician. A manager. The media try to dishumanise [sic] people who believe in themselves.' Kanye West even manages to make up a new word during one of his many mid-set rants at Wireless Festival 2014.