Carrie Bradshaw is a small screen legend of our time, so we thought it was about time we remembered some of her funniest, most astute and heart-warming lines from the oh-so fabulous SATC.
1. 'I've spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!'
2. 'She'll juggle, she'll spin plates, but she won't give head.'
3. 'You and I are so over we need a new word for it.'
4. 'The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun'
5. 'And then I realised something, twenty-something girls are just fabulous, until you see one with the man who broke your heart.'
6. 'I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet.'
7. 'Miranda was a huge fan of the Yankees. I was a huge fan of being anywhere you could smoke and drink at two in the afternoon without judgment.'
8. 'I'm thinking balls are to men, what purses are to women. It's just a little bag but we'd feel naked in public without it.'
9. 'The universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humour.'
10. 'Ooh, hear that? It's midnight, the official end to what will now be known as the day I got arrested for smokin' a doobie.'
11. 'You and I are like that red wall. It's a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn't quite work.'
12. 'Oh, it's never different! It's six years of never being different! This is it! I am done! Don't call me ever again! Forget you know my number! In fact, forget you know my name! And you can drive up this street all you want - because I don't live here any more!'
13. 'All righty? He said all righty? Now I'm thinking the upsetting thing isn't that you proposed, it's that you proposed to a guy that says "all righty".'
14. 'Oh my God! Do you know what these are? Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes! I thought these were an urban shoe myth!'
15. 'I'm not even sure bisexuality exists. I think it's just a layover on the way to Gay Town.'
16. 'Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better'
17. 'I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.'
18. 'If you're tired you take a napa, you don't move to Napa.'
19. 'I have a style and jewelled panties aren't it.'
20. 'When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more.'
21. 'We had such a fantastic connection, then he leaves me money. I don't understand. What exactly about me screams "whore"?'
22. 'I couldn't understand a word she was saying, but I felt I had in my possession all the Italian I'd ever need to know: Dolce, Dolce, Dolce.'
23. 'He's not my boyfriend. He's just somebody I'm trying on.'
24. 'I will not be the first one to speak. And if he never calls me again, I'll always think of him fondly, as an asshole.'
25. 'Beauty is fleeting, but a rent-controlled apartment overlooking the park is forever.'
26. 'I've done the merry go round I've been through the revolving door I feel like I met somebody I can stand still with for a minute and... don't you wanna stand still with me?'
27. 'I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.'
28. 'I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: They are people who have recently moved in with someone.'
29. 'Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.'
30. 'They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.'
31. 'Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right.'
32. 'There comes a point in every relationship when romance gives way to reality.'
33. 'After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.'
34. 'Sweetie, you sh*t your pants this year. I think you're done.'
35. 'Women come to New York for the two L's: Labels and Love.'
36. 'When men attempt bold gestures, generally it's considered romantic. When women do it, it's often considered desperate or psycho.'
37. 'Men who are too good looking are never good in bed because they never had to be.'
38. 'If two people have only one thought between them, something is very wrong.'
39. 'It's like the riddle of the Sphinx... why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?'