L’Oréal Professionnel signs Victoria’s Secret model Alessandra Ambrósio.
At 34 Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrósio has it all; hot husband, booming career, beautiful babies, 10-million followers on social media, and now, she has just been announced as the new face – or should we say hair? – of L’Oréal Professionnel.
Ambrósio will front a new campaign for L’Oréal Professionel Diarichesse Hi-Visibility, a new tone-on-tone ammonia-free in-salon hair colour service and, later in the year, we’ll see her promoting X-Tenso, the straightening treatment that smoothes and de-frizzes for up to six months.
So, you know she’s beautiful, and you know she’s insanely successful, but here’s a few other insights – eight to be precise – that you might not be aware of.
1. In 2015 Ambrósio was ranked number eight on the Forbes list of highest paid models. The business magazine lists her alongside models like Cara Delevingne and Candice Swanepoel, and puts her earnings at an estimated $5 million a year.
2. Her parents owned a petrol station in Ambrósio’s hometown of Erexim in Southern Brazil.
3. Ambrósio was never a fan of her ears and had them surgically pinned back when she was 11. Years later she told Tyra Banks on her chat show that she experienced complications after the surgery and regretted it.
4. She has modeled for Victoria’s Secret since 2000 and has worn the Dream Angels Fantasy Bra twice in the catwalk show. The Floral Fantasy Bra of 2012 cost a cool $2.5mil and boasted amethysts, sapphires and rubies, while the 2014 Dream Angels Fantasy bra came in at $2mil and consisted of diamonds, rubies and sapphires.
5. She made guest appearances in HBO’s Entourage alongside Adrian Grenier and Jeremy Piven.
6. In 2006 Ambrósio also made a cameo in Casino Royale as ‘Tennis Girl #1’
7.She has two children with husband Jamie Mazur; daughter Anja seven and son Noah three.
8. Ambrósio will next be staring as herself in the sequel to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.