So you’ve washed the mud from your clothes, packed away your wellies and untangled your hair (just about), but the hardest part of tackling those post-festival blues is admitting that normal life has to resume.
The good news? Well, it’s roughly nine months until you have to wash with wet wipes again. But no one said September had to be so dull. We round up eight things to occupy your time now festival season is over, and they’re just as fun. Promise.
1. Get excited for AW. It may be time for SS excitement among the fashion pack, but elsewhere, September means embracing new season trends with minimal guilt. Think autumn coats, cosy layering and a new excuse for killer ankle boots.
2. Enjoy the comfort of your own bed. The plus side to sleeping in a tent means you really appreciate the bounce of your own mattress after. Plus, it’s almost time to swap in your winter duvet and pile up as many blankets as possible. Mmm!
3. Get a temporary pet. Wondering how your Facebook friends have suddenly gone pooch mad? Sites like borrowmydoggy.com have taken off, matching dog owners with pet lovers in their local areas. Sign up for walks, playdays, sleepovers and short breaks. Cute, eh?
4. Prepare to become even more obsessed with Lena Dunham. Yes, we’re pretty sure it’s possible. With the release of her new book, Not that Kind of Girl, the Girls’ star is set to be the subject of all our conversations come October onwards. Not forgetting her only UK appearance alongside Caitlin Moran at the Southbank Centre on 31 October.
5. Go to a gig. Festival season may be over but there’s plenty of live music to catch with the likes of Iggy Azalea, Jungle, Warpaint, Kylie and Pharrell Williams touring the UK in the next few months. Wellies not required.
6. Explore your Netflix account. Not that we’ve got anything against watching Gossip Girl on repeat, but with your weekends free from muddy festival fields, getting hooked on a new TV series is a great way to unwind. Parks and Recreation, anyone?
7. Get baking. As if we needed a reason to recreate the Paul Hollywood magic in our own kitchen... But it’s definitely the best way to justify our Great British Bake Off obsession once and for all.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
America Ferrera's powerful speech in Barbie has resurfaced amid her words on body positivity
By Jenny Proudfoot
Prince William and Princess Kate have released their official Christmas card photograph
By Jenny Proudfoot
As a beauty editor I'm sceptical of hyped-up products, but Rare Beauty's Soft Pinch Liquid Blush is *that* good
Trust me, I've tried a lot of them
By Lucy Abbersteen