Don’t let the bad weather stop you from having fun; here’s our hot list of places to get snug as a bug.
1. The one with the log fire There’s nothing like a roaring fire to remind us 'tis the season to snuggle. Our current fave is the historic The Leconfield in Petworth, West Sussex, which also has a delish menu (a must if you love seafood ‘n’ steak) and comfy sofas and poofs. Put your feet up, indeed.
2. The one on a rooftop Thought roof terraces were just for summer? Get yourself down to Shoreditch’s Queen of Hoxton and snuggle inside their WigWamBam. Yep, that’s right, an eight metre high Northern Lights/scandi-themed tipi where you can toast marshmallows by candlelight, gorge on wild boar sausages and drink hot pumpkin spiced cider, until the, well, wild boars come home.
3. The one that’s hidden away You may have heard of Galvin Bistrot de Luxe – just one in a line of luxurious Galvin London restaurants – but we bet you’re not so familiar with Le Cellar. Tucked behind heavy velvet curtains, this art deco bijou bar seats just 22 and does a mean vintage cocktail. Dirty Martini? Singapore Sling? Cosy cocktails a-go-go.
4. The one that’s a ski chalet Piste, piste, piste…! Soho’s best kept secret is called just that. Housed within Archer Street, Piste is like being locked away in a cosy lodge at a cool ski resort. Think Apricot and Cinnamon Bellinis, DJs and skis hanging from the walls (rather than on your feet).
5. The one that’s a teeny, tiny restaurant A restaurant that only has five tables?! That’s pretty tiny and therefore offers a rather uniquely, erm, cosy dining experience. Book now to sample the culinary delights (think Scottish langoustines or courgette flower tempura) of Marianne’s restaurant in West London. Headed up by none other than Masterchef: The Professionals champion Marianne Lumb, it’s just like home. Except with better food.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
Be the star gift giver this Christmas with a personalised piece of jewellery to make loved ones smile
If your list of loved ones is long and you’re stumped for ideas, there’s one gift that always keeps on giving – and that’s the perfect piece of jewellery.
By Anna-Louise Dearden
How to get tickets to see Eurovision 2024 live
Scandinavia is calling!
By Lauren Hughes
Emily Ratajkowski faces backlash for 'fatphobic' and 'tone deaf' photoshoot
People are calling for the model to apologise for the image
By Iris Goldsztajn