Answer a few short questions and help research into breast reduction surgery
Breast overdevelopment is a problem that affects an increasing number of women in the UK, and although breast reduction surgery offers an effective cure with few side effects, it is currently not available on the NHS.
The University of Southampton is carrying out research into this and would love to hear your thoughts.
Please email your answers to the questions below to Act204@soton.ac.uk – all questionnaires and results will be anonymous.
1. How old are you and what is your bra size?
2. Do you feel your breasts are too large?
3. Have you ever considered breast reduction surgery?
4. Have you consulted your GP about it, and if so did he/she encourage or discourage you from seeking further help?
5. Breast reduction surgery is not currently available on the NHS. If it were, how willing would you be to undergo the procedure?
Yes, I would want surgery
I would consider it
No, I would never consider surgery
6. Breast reduction surgery currently costs between £5,000 and £6,000 if carried out privately. If you wanted surgery could you afford this?
7. If not, and it were subsidised by the NHS, please indicate what you would be willing to pay – please be realistic!
Less than £500