Try this smooth yet sweet and spicy soup
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
• 3 tbs olive oil
• 1 pack bacon, diced
• 2 tsp garlic
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 litre stock
• sea salt and black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200oC, 400oF, Gas Mark 6.
2. Toss the sweet potato with 2 tbs olive oil, season and roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until brown and crispy.
4. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Stir in the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes, until softened but not browned.
6. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce to a simmer and gently add the roasted sweet potatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
8. Remove half of the onion and potato mixture with a slotted spoon.
9. Then carefully blend the remaining soup, until smooth.
10. Return the onion and potato mixture to the pan.
11. Squeeze in the lemon juice and season to taste.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
As a fashion editor I’m super picky when it comes to presents, but this luxury brand nails Christmas gifting every time
All I want for Christmas is one of these picks
By Jazzria Harris
Royal experts weigh in on whether Kate Middleton actually watches The Crown
By Jenny Proudfoot
Stocking filler ideas for all the family that they will *actually* use
30 stocking filler ideas that won't just collect dust
By Dionne Brighton