In a lot of ways it's comforting to know that the Victoria's Secret Angels - handpicked for their perfect-in-underwear-bodies - need to work seriously hard to look amazing at the annual lingerie fashion show. So what do they really do to prepare? And would you EVER want to put yourself through it?
1. ‘It is really intense, it’s not really the amount of time you spend working out, it’s the intensity: I jump rope, I do boxing, I lift weights, but I get bored doing that. The Victoria’s Secret Show is the highlight of my life.’ Adriana Lima
2. ‘We can’t escape from the truth. There are millions of people watching – and even people watching live – so it’s really important to work out a lot, which I do, and I definitely change my diet.’ Doutzen Kroes
3. ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show training… You get out what you put in.’ Hilary Rhoda
4. ‘I have been working out quite a bit doing pilates, yoga and strength training with weights and resistant bands and I eat super healthy.’ Miranda Kerr
5. ‘I ate a lot of organic salmon and vegetables. I couldn’t have worked harder – maybe I’m not as tiny as I used to be, but I’m womanly now and I’m proud of that.’ Lily Aldridge
6. ‘I’ve been working out for the last four months and trying to do some exfoliation so my skin looks good. Maybe I’ll have a sundae ice cream [after the show].’ Alessandra Ambrosio
7. ‘Girls have done squats backstage at the show, it really happens.’ Behati Prinsloo
8. ‘I eat a lot of protein because my metabolism is really fast, and if I work out too much I get smaller, so it’s a good balance of working out and resting in between. My first splurge meal is going to be something light because I have to eat a lot of steak and mashed potatoes to keep my weight, so I’m excited to have a nice ceviche or something.’ Candice Swanepoel
9. And finally, the one Victoria’s Secret Angel we can actually relate to: ‘I’ve just been working every day in a different country, so I haven’t had time to prepare. I had McDonald’s for lunch yesterday and pizza for dinner, so that’s not going to change.’ Cara Delevingne.