So, how do we get a job at Airbnb?
The 20 companies below offer employees more than an annual Christmas party with a free bar. What follows are the kind of job perks that may prompt you to take a long hard look at your company’s benefits scheme and find it wanting.
Glassdoor (a jobs and recruiting marketplace) has rounded up the most attractive job perks offered by companies in the UK…
1. Software company Huddle gives employees a £5,000 joining bonus – affectionately named a ‘Huddle Cuddle’, this is in addition to a gift worth £500 every year. In short: IDEAL.
2. Money transfer experts, TransferWise, are both good at sending money abroad and people – the company takes all staff away on annual, all-expenses-paid holidays.
3. Airbnb offers employees $2,000 (£1,413) to travel and see the world, which makes sense – you need to know the product you’re plugging, right?
4. Skyscanner has negotiated employee discounts at the local pub and beauty salon. This is quite nice but, honestly, what about super-discounted/totally free flights huh?
5. The Body Shop pays for each employee to do five volunteering days per year. This sounds like a brilliant way of turning all employees on to charitable extra-curricular activities.
6. Peninsula Business Services lays on a Christmas party for employees’ children. Cute, or worthless if you don’t have children…
7. AutoTrader UK has a Wine Club, giving employees discounted wine delivered to their door every month. We hear ya: Vehicles and alcohol – questionable mix.
8. Jive Software gives staff free food including Bacon Thursday and Hot Food Friday, healthy snacks and free drinks including soft drinks, beers on tap and coffee. The answer to insatiable office hunger?
9. Opus Professional Services has a villa in Italy that employees can use free of charge whenever they want. An excellent idea, unless you have to sunbathe with your boss: awkward.
10. Visualsoft offers unlimited holiday time and unmonitored flexitime, allowing staff to take the time off that they need. THE DREAM.
11. CA Technologies helps parents out with an on-site Montessori day care facility. High fives. This should be the norm, right?
12. Rackspace offers employees an extra day off for their birthday. A pretty neat present.
13. Law firm Allen & Overy provides a GP and dentist on-site, to keep employees’ health in check – or just to stop them ever having an excuse to leave the office…
14. Pentland Brands provides an on-site swimming pool, gym, tennis court and football pitch. Providing a convenient way to counter desk-hunch with exercise.
15. ARM Holdings offers employees a 4-week sabbatical for every 4 years of service. A whole month off? Oh, the things we would do.
16. ASOS employees benefit from a 40% discount on website purchases. We would find many, frequent uses for this.
17. Swinton Insurance gives employees an additional day’s holiday for Christmas shopping. How quaint.
18. Google provides employees with free food while they are at work, with a range of different cuisines on offer. So long, unappealing packed lunches.
19. Games studio, Jagex, offers staff free bicycle repairs at the office, encouraging them to cycle to work and keep fit. Seems niche.
20. Holiday Extras hires out a cinema every year and offers a free film showing to all employees and their families. Again, quaint.
Does your job offer insanely great perks? Let us know @marieclaireuk