The original rock chick on life and sex...Ah the fabulous Debbie Harry. Let's look back at the quotes that made us fall with our ultimate girl crush...
1. 'The only place left for rock to go is toward more girl stars. There's nothing left for men to do. There's bound to be more male stars, but they can't express anything new.'
2. 'I wish I had invented sex.'
3. 'The only person I really believe in is me.'
4. 'I do know the effect that music still has on me - I'm completely vulnerable to it. I'm seduced by it.'
5. 'Being hot never hurts!'
6. 'I thought I'd live to a ripe old age, because I always felt there was a lot to do. I had a driven feeling. I always thought in the present.'
7. 'I could be a housewife... I guess I've vacuumed a couple of times.'
8. 'I have a lot of regrets, but I'm not going to think of them as regrets.'
9. 'I don't mind if my skull ends up on a shelf as long as it's got my name on it.'
10. 'I feel like I have to have a voice.'
11. 'Regardless of what I say about trying to be better at what I do, I rely on looks a lot. Women’s calling cards, unfortunately, are based on their looks. As far as ageing goes, it’s rough.'
12. 'I was one of those idiots who thought they were going to live forever.'
13. 'I suppose I have a bit more anonymity than Madonna, or Gaga. They're super up-there. I'm more of a cult figure.'
14. 'How can one be a woman and not be a feminist? That's my question.'
15. 'You always fall for the rascal or the guy who's got a little bit of the devil in him. You can't help it.'