Tommy Hilfiger are offering one lucky Marie Claire reader the chance to win the trip of a lifetime to Uganda to see the work of the Millennium Promise charity
We’re offering you the opportunity to join Tommy Hilfiger on a trip to Ruhiira in Uganda at the beginning of June to experience first hand the work that Millennium Promise has been doing.
A judging panel from Tommy Hilfiger will select the best promise on 5th May and one lucky reader will win a trip of a lifetime to Uganda to see the work that Katie Holmes and the team at Tommy have been doing.
The competition runs from April 16th until May 5th.
1. This competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). By entering the competition the participant (“Participant”) agrees to have read and understood the Terms and agrees to be bound by them.
2. The promoter is Tommy Hilfiger Europe B.V. (“Promoter”).
3. To enter the Competition the Participant needs to: i) tweet his/her “Millennium Promise” on Twitter (the “Competition”), ii) be at least 21 years old at the date of entry, iii) be a resident in one of the following countries: the Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Italy or Spain.
4. Employees, officers, directors and representatives of Promoter, its affiliated entities, companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved with the design, execution or production of this Competition are not eligible to participate.
5. The Competition runs from 16 April 2012 until 5 May 2012.
6. Per Participant more than one “Millennium Promise” tweet is allowed.
7. If any element of an entry infringes upon the rights of another person or third party, such entry may be disqualified, as Promoter may determine in its sole discretion. Do not include any personal data in an entry such as full name, address, phone number, or e-mail address.
8. Eight (8) winners (“Winners”) will be selected, one (1) from each participating country. Winners will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Promoter, based on what is determined to be the best “Millennium Promise” tweet of all the entries in each country.
9. The Winners will be eligible for visiting Ruhiira (Uganda) as an ambassador of the Promoter from 2 June 2012 until 9 June 2012 (“Travel Period”). However, in order for the Winner to actually receive the prize as set out in point 9 of these Terms, the Winner needs to: i) possess a valid passport, ii) obtain a Visa for Uganda, iii) be available for the Travel Period, iv) speak intermediate English, v) be physically and mentally fit to travel, vi) be willing and able to receive the necessary vaccines, vii) agree to be photographed and/or filmed in connection with this Competition, vii) agree to sign a liability waiver and release form with the Promoter and Millennium Promise, viii) agree to conduct themselves with mature and respectful behavior and adhere to restrictions and/or regional customs as prescribed by the Promoter and Millennium Promise, ix) be personally aware of the safety and security risks inherent to travel to a developing country, and x) agree and acknowledge that he/she is responsible for his/her own full medical insurance including an International SOS card or equivalent emergency evacuation insurance.
10. Whether the Winner meets the requirements set out in point 9 above shall be judged at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
11. The Winner who meets the requirements set out in point 9 of these Terms will receive the following prize: reimbursement of the costs for visa application and the necessary vaccines, a round-trip flight (economy class) to Uganda, all necessary transfers in Uganda, accommodation in Uganda (best standard available, subject to local standards), meals and drinks, and a day to day program in Uganda (“Prize”).
12. The Winners will be notified by Twitter on or about 11 May 2012. Winners need to respond to the Promoter within 24 hours after the announcement on Twitter of them being a Winner of the Competition. If such respond has not been received by the Promoter within the said time, the Promoter has the right to choose another Winner. Such Winner will be chosen at the sole discretion of the Promoter, based on what is determined to be the next best “Millennium Promise” tweet. After the Promoter received the response of the Winners, the Promoter will send as soon as possible a written confirmation to the Winners, including all details of the visit to Uganda.
13. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered for the Prize. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated Prize or any part of it, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize.
14. The Promoter also reserves the right to terminate this Competition immediately and without notice, at its sole discretion. In the event of such termination, all Participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no right of recourse against the Promoter, Millennium Promise, Columbia University, any other partner or collaborator in the Millennium Villages Project and/or their affiliated companies.
15. The Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes and any expenses for or relating to the Prize which are not included in these Terms, if any.
16. The Promoter, Millennium Promise, Columbia University and/or any other partner or collaborator in the ‘Millennium Villages Project’ shall not be liable for any loss and/or damages suffered by the Participant whatsoever arising from any participation in the Competition, including but not limited to the travel to Uganda.
17. Any queries regarding the Competition should specify the name of the Competition and be send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
18. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.