A tasty barbecue or al fresco lunch snack.
• 2 garlic cloves
• 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
• 1tsp fennel seeds
• Splash of oil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 lamb fillets• Chopped tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and a handful of fresh mint and parsley
• 4 large pitta breads
• 1-2tbsp chilli sauce
• 3tbsp natural yogurt
1) Crush the garlic and rosemary leaves in a pestle and mortar.
2) Add the fennel seeds and a good pinch of salt and crush again.
3) Now add the oil and lemon juice and keep crushing to release maximum flavour from the rosemary.
4) Spoon this mixture over the lamb and leave to marinate overnight, or for at least 30 minutes.
5) Cook the lamb on a hot barbecue or griddle until seared all over, then reduce the temperature and cook until it’s done to your liking. Rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly on the diagonal.
6) Pile into warmed split pitta breads with the salad and leaf mixture.
7) To make a dressing, swirl the chilli sauce with the yogurt and drizzle over. Why not share your recipe ideas on the forum.