2. 'Some people say, "Never let them see you cry." I say, if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone.'
3. 'The difference between male comedy writers and female comedy writers is that the male ones are taller and weigh more.'
4. 'It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don’t like something, it is empirically not good. I don’t like Chinese food, but I don’t write articles trying to prove it doesn’t exist.'
5. 'If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?'
6. 'Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles.'
7. 'When faced with sexism or ageism or lookism or even really aggressive Buddhism, ask yourself the following question: ‘Is this person in between me and what I want to do?’ If the answer is no, ignore it and move on. Your energy is better used doing your work and outpacing people that way. Then, when you’re in charge, don’t hire the people who were jerky to you.'
8. 'I think women dress for other women to let them know what their deal is. Because if women were only dressing for men, there would be nothing but Victoria’s Secret. There would be no Dior.'
9. 'I would not trade any of these features for anybody else’s. I wouldn’t trade the small thin-lipped mouth that makes me resemble my nephew. I wouldn’t even trade the acne scar on my right cheek, because that recurring zit spent more time with me in college than any boy ever did.'
10. 'If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet, and you can find a lot of people there who don't like you.'
11. 'Obviously, as an adult I realize this girl-on-girl sabotage is the third worst kind of female behaviour, right behind saying "like" all the time and leaving your baby in a dumpster.'
12. 'I feel about Photoshop the way some people feel about abortion. It is appalling and a tragic reflection on the moral decay of our society… unless I need it, in which case, everybody be cool.'