Watch our take on the runway look...
London Fashion Week has this season been more politically charged than ever before with runways awash with messages of feminism and of inclusion. The designers who aren’t overtly sending statements out into the world are making their opinions known through beauty – namely, though making the make-up and hair looks about empowerment and individuality.
This vibe was key at Temperley London, where Moroccanoil’s Global Ambassador Antonio Corral Calero teased most models’ hair into a asymmetric hair up ‘do and added a bow. Antonio was keen to point out that the individuality of the model was crucial to getting it right: “if the model has curly hair and the bow doesn’t look right, we’re just working with their look – this sits perfectly with the DNA of the Temperley London woman who is fearless, a bit rock ‘n’ roll and knows what she wants.”
Check out the video to see how we recreated the look following these steps:
1) Create a foundation for styling with a pump of Moroccanoil Treatment, smoothing it over hair from root to tip.
2) Brush hair into a centre parting and apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to soften and add health to hair.
3) A little volume and dimension are crucial to making this one look right. We’re zigzagging Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray through hair, focussing on the hairline.
4) Gather hair at the temple, sweeping it into a half-up ponytail that sits on the right hand side of the head. Secure with a clear elastic.
5) To stop the style looking contrived, apply some more of the texturising spray around the front of hair, pulling baby hairs loose.
6) To ramp up texture, we’ve pulled some Moroccanoil Dry Texture Clay through the bottoms of hair.
7) The final step: a bow! Tie this approximately over the ponytail to finish the look.