This. Is. Amazing.
Move over, Instagram celebrities, there’s a new star in town: the Instagram husband.
The men who snap away as the women in their lives pout, pose and jump into the air are often overlooked – but not any more, with the launch of InstagramHusband.com set to change their fortunes.
Instagram Husband’s parody video, which has had nearly two million views in as many days, shows the men solemnly saying adorable things like ‘behind every cute girl on Instagram is a guy like me… and a brick wall,’ and ‘I’ve had to delete all the apps on my phone just to make room for more photos.’
The website shows a whole host of sad-looking Instagram hubbies lamenting what their lives have become. Notable quotes include ‘they say the hope I need is right around the corner, I just hope there isn’t an old door before we get there’ and ‘I had to have carpal tunnel surgery on my photo hand. The doctor asked if I know what may have caused it. I told her “Amaro.”’
The site hilariously lists the symptoms of being an Instagram husband as answering ‘yes’ to at least nine of the below questions:
1. Are you the designated photographer for your Instagram Wife?
2. Do you take more pictures with your Instagram Wife than you would take on your own?
3. Is your photo thumb calloused and/or blackened with wear?
4. Have you ever been yelled at for presuming you should only take one, maybe two, pictures of a particular pose?
5. Do you suffer from uncontrollable bodily twitches when you hear any mention of the words: selfie, brick wall, puppy, succulent, the food has arrived, shoes, it’s snowing out, I don’t look good in this one, one more, crema, sunset, latte?
6. Have you ever taken pictures of your Instagram Wife while she pretended to sleep peacefully?
7. Have you ever thought to yourself when looking at an Instagram photo you took, “Only I know the rage and venom that was directed at me immediately before and after this seemingly happy photo was taken.”?
8. Have you ever said, “I can’t take this anymore, it’s me or your Instagram followers, Katelyn!”? Have you ever been saddened by the length of time she took to answer, “Hashtag-followers, Bradley. I choose my followers.”?
9. Have you stood on more railroad tracks since meeting your Instagram Wife than in the previous years of your life combined?
10. Do you need help?
Watch the brilliant video below…
Are you an Instagram husband? Do you need help? Let us know @marieclaireuk