Meet our beauty director for some beauty chat and support a good cause.
It’s far from vain to be concerned with how treatment will make you look. So much of our identity is caught up in our hair. We can all appreciate the confidence-boosting effects of a ‘good hair day’. And how many women think their best feature is their eyes? Well, you quickly begin to feel differently about them when you don’t have the lashes or the brows to frame them, that’s for sure.
A close friend of mine is currently having to come to terms with her hair-loss as a result of treatment – she’s obviously beyond grateful for her therapy knowing it’s key to recovering her health – but the whole hair situ gets her down and what upsets her even more is when people tell her ‘it’s only hair.’ Well, it’s not only hair, is it?
This is where the incredible charity Look Good Feel Better comes in. They get that the physical side effects of cancer treatment can be as traumatic, which is why they offer free skincare and make-up workshops in over 70 hospitals and cancer care centres throughout the UK, where patients have access to over 1,500 volunteer beauty consultants. Sound unnecessary? Consider this; where do you fill in your brows when you have nothing there to guide you?
In their 20-years of service Look Good Feel Better has helped nearly 100,000 women and teenagers combat the visible effects of cancer treatment. If you’re in treatment – or are about to embark on it – you should definitely check them out.
We’re supporting the Look Good Feel Better ‘Theatre of Beauty’ at Harvey Nichols this November. Our Beauty & Style Director Lisa Oxenham will be at the Knightsbridge store in London on the 4th to answer all your beauty queries and raise money for the charity so they can cast their reach further and help even more women. If you can’t make it to London on the 4th there are other events for you to get involved with. Here are the deets:
The ‘Theatre of Beauty’ events will run across the following Harvey Nichols stores in November:
– Knightsbridge, London: Tuesday 4th November (4-9pm)
– Leeds: Tuesday 11th November (6-9pm)
– Beauty Bazaar, Harvey Nichols, Liverpool: Wednesday 26th November (6-9pm)
There are two types of ticket packages available and 100 per cent of the proceeds will be donated to Look Good Feel Better:
– £15 (Knightsbridge) and £10 (Leeds and Liverpool): includes entry into the event, drinks, canapés and a bursting beauty goody bag.
– £25 (All three stores): the VIP ticket includes a personal 15-20 minute one-to-one with one of the UK’s top Beauty Editors in the ‘Beauty Editors’ lounge. Our Lisa will be at the London event on the 4th of November. Lisa will be able to answer all of your beauty questions and impart some of her expert advice. Want to know the best way to treat adult acne or how to calm redness? She’s your gal. As well as a chat with Lisa you’ll also receive a VIP goody bag. VIP tickets can only be purchased online and will sell out fast so hop to it.
Regardless of the ticket type you go for you can expect a fun evening of drinks and nibbles, competitions, mini-makeovers, skin consultations and treatments, plus all the beauty counter experts will be on-hand to answer any questions and make your evening unforgettable.