The perfect dessert for spring!
4 peaches, halved and stoned
60g amaretti biscuits, crumbled
Zest of 1 lemon
30g flaked almonds
8 tbsp amaretto
1 egg white
300ml white wine or
Green pistachios, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190°C/375ºF. Use a spoon to enlarge the cavity of each peach slightly and place the flesh in a mixing bowl. Sit the halves, cut-side up, in a large baking dish.
2. Add the amaretti biscuits to the bowl with the peach flesh. Add the lemon zest and flaked almonds, pour in 4 tbsp of amaretto and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks. Fold this into the biscuit mixture so that the crumbs and almonds are thoroughly combined.
4. Place a teaspoonful or two of mixture into the cavity in every peach half.
5. In a measuring jug, mix the remaining 4 tbsp of amaretto with the white wine or pudding wine, then pour into the baking dish around the peaches. You can do this once the dish is in the oven to avoid spilling the liquid.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve warm with amaretto cream and garnish with chopped green pistachios.
250ml whipping cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp amaretto
Lightly whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Sift in the icing sugar and add the amar-etto. Fold through gently