The classic dessert with a strawberry twist
• 200g strawberries
• 200ml Fruli strawberry beer
• 2tsp caster sugar
• 1/2 pint double cream
• 3 egg yolks
• 1/2 a vanilla pod
1) Core the strawberries and slice them thinly.
2) Heat the strawberry beer until simmering, scraping off any foam. Remove the beer from the heat and add the sliced strawberries. Set aside to cool.
3) Divide the strawberry mixture between the two ramekins and chill in the freezer.
4) To make the brûlée, pour the cream into a heavy based saucepan. Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the cream. Add the pod.
5) Heat until just before boiling point and then remove from the heat.
6) Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
7) Strain the cream onto the egg and sugar mixture using a fine sieve.
8) Return to a clean, heavy based saucepan and stir over a low heat for about 8 minutes – or until the mixture thickens and becomes slightly gelatinous. Do not boil.
9) Remove from heat. Take the ramekins from the freezer and pour in the brûlée mixture. Put in the fridge overnight to set.
Recipe courtesy of www.foxfoodandbeer.co.uk