Leonardo DiCaprio edged one step closer to Oscar glory in early 2016 after winning Best Actor for The Revenant at the Golden Globes. And who was the first to congratulate him? None other than his bestie and former co-star Kate Winslet.
As you can imagine, this led to a few Titanic fans coming out of the woodwork, with some even telling Kate to 'never let go' of her Jack.
With Kate also winning big on the night (she bagged a Best Supporting Actress nod for Jobs) it seems these two will be seeing a lot of each other this awards season. And because they are Jack and Rose, we thought it was high time we looked back at Leo and Kate’s best BFF moments...
1. When they first became BFFs on Titanic
Source: 20th Century Fox via Fanpop.com
First bonding on the set of Titanic (#jackandrose4eva) Kate previously revealed:We needed each other to lean on because we were very young and working all kinds of crazy bloody hours, and it was a shock to the system.’
Gah, these two are so cute!
2. When they showed the world their sizzling chemistry
Source: 20th Century Fox via Giphy.com
That drawing-her-like-one-of-his-French-girl's scene, that car scene, that 'Jack-I'm-flying' scene… The whole movie is a gem.
3. When they walked their first red carpet together
4. And stayed close friends years later
5. When they decided they had to work together again
Yep. Jack and Rose were firmly reunited on the big screen but far from a love story, they chose to make 2008's Revolutionary Road, which was a little different, to say the least.
6. That time they complimented each other even when no one asked
7. When Kate was first rooting for Leo to win at awards season, like, five years ago
Kate = us.
8. They always make each other laugh
9. And that time when they looked into each other’s eyes like they’re Jack and Rose all over again
Titanic flashbacks, anyone?
10. When she said ‘I love you’ in front of a theatre of people
And he just blew a kiss right back and it was singularly the best moment that had ever happened at an awards show. Or any show for that matter.
11. And then when Leo said it right back…
12. And that time when Kate admitted Leo was the only one for her
Source: Buzzfeed via Faithfest.tumblr.com
13. And Leo said she was his best kiss
14. And that other time when Leo reportedly gave Kate away at her wedding to Ned RocknRoll in 2012
Wait, did someone say #SquadGoals?
15. And when Kate proved how close they really are…
Speaking about how they had changed since they first met, Kate uttered an immortal line that only a BFF could ever get away with when she said: ‘We do look very different, we're older… You know, he's fatter now - I'm thinner. It's true though!’
16. #JackAndRoseForever, right?!
Source: 20th Century Fox via Tumblr.com