Angry Simon Cowell orders a ban on Auto-Tune

The media mogul has forbidden the use of the controversial voice-fixing technology in all future X Factor shows

Angry X Factor boss Simon Cowell has waded into the Auto-Tune row, banning the use of the controversial voice-fixing technology in all future shows.

SEE ALL THE LATEST X FACTOR PICS HERE!

The media mogul was said to be ‘furious’ on hearing that Auto-Tune had been used in the show’s final edit, and yesterday called an emergency meeting with staff.

Forbidding the use of the voice improving technology in all further shows, he reportedly told producers the show must adopt a ‘back to basics’ approach, to regain the trust of the audience.

According to the Mirror, Simon told staff of the incident: ‘I’m very angry it was used in the way it was on Saturday night,’

‘It was totally wrong and we can’t allow it to happen again. I’m mortified by what’s happened.

‘The most important thing now is to ensure viewers can trust what they see on the show.’

X Factor -Louis Walsh reveals X Factor rows - Celebrity News - Marie Claire

Now producers face the task of re-editing the next show in time for it to be broadcast this Saturday, stripping the singers’ voices back to their original sound.

What are your thoughts on the use of Auto-Tune? Let us know in the comments box below.

LATEST X FACTOR AUDITION PICS

MORE CELEBRITY NEWS

Reading now

Popular