Peaches Geldof Did ‘Die Of A Heroin Overdose’ Inquest Confirms

An inquest has concluded that Peaches Geldof tragically died of a heroin overdose

An inquest into the tragic death of 25 year-old Peaches Geldof has concluded that the model and presenter did die of a heroin overdose.

“It has been established that Peaches Geldof-Cohen had been previously addicted to heroin for a number of years but that more recently had ceased taking the drug,” a statement from senior investigating officer Paul Fotheringham reads.

“Peaches had been supported by drug treatment workers for two-and-a-half years, being prescribed methadone.”

“Peaches had indicated her desire to come off of methadone completely, and was following a plan to reduce the level of methadone she was taking. A drugs test in November indicated that she was not taking any illicit drug.”

“Witnesses report that around February of this year there was a suspicion that Peaches had started using illicit drugs again including being found with a substance believed to be heroin at her home address,” the report continues.

“Following her death, drugs paraphernalia was found in the house and a quantity of high-grade heroin was found to be secreted in a cupboard in the bedroom that Peaches regularly used.”

“When considering all of the above information, I, as the senior investigating officer, conclude that Peaches Geldof-Cohen died of a heroin overdose,” Fotheringham concluded.

Peaches was found dead in her home by her husband Thomas Cohen on April 7th this year. The investigation into who supplied her with the substance continues.

Reading now

Popular