So it’s the end of James Corden’s first week as the host of The Late Late Show, and he did amazingly...
It’s fair to say the UK has a bit of a love-hate relationship with James Corden. Gavin and Stacey being a high point; Lesbian Vampire Killers being something we’d rather forget. But since his Tony Award for One Man, Two Guvners and a starring role opposite Meryl Streep in Into The Woods, things have been on the up.
And now the US are all over him as well. Soft and self-deprecating in his debut as host of The Late Late Show this week, it’s easy to see why they’ve fallen for his charms. In fact, he’s only gone and well, gone viral. Here’s our highlights of his amazing first week at work *proud face*.
1. Opening his first show with a sweet thank you to his parents for coming to LA for his first show. Bless.
2. Getting Mila Kunis to FINALLY admit that she and Ashton Kutcher are married. (We think…)
3. The Willy Wonka-esque golden ticket sketch, with Corden proving that finding guests wouldn’t be a problem for his show.
4. Carpool Karaoke with Mariah Carey, enough said.
5. Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart making a mind link.
6. Every Tom Hanks film in under seven minutes, bonus: any time James Corden was dressed as Meg Ryan.
7. Speaking of Tom Hanks, his attempt to justify his ‘manspreading’.